Minestrone Soup

It's finally starting to get cold here in Australia, and I love it! I live in one of the warmer states of Queensland, so even in the middle of winter it doesn't get cold enough to snow or anything like that. But because we have such hot weather in summer, when it starts getting down to 20ºC we all start bringing out the blankets, scarves and boots.
One of my favourite winter warmer recipes is Minestrone Soup. It's such a great way to get your daily vegetable intake, plus it's got pasta and cheese and it's just delicious - what more could you want? Please bare with me as the photos aren't fantastic, but I think they're good enough!

Firstly, you need to get all the ingredients ready.



I've got bacon (if you don't like it or you're vegetarian, you can just leave this out), cabbage, an onion, truss tomatoes, 2 zucchini, 1 carrot, some celery, a red capsicum, garlic, a leek, tomato paste, salsa and pasta (which isn't in the photo). 


Firstly you need to chop up the onion, bacon, carrot and two of the celery sticks. Add the onion and garlic first with some oil until the onion is soft, and then add the bacon, carrot and celery and cook for about 10 minutes. 


Next, add 8 cups of water and bring it to the boil. Once it's boiling, you can add the cabbage (1 cup), the zucchinis, 3 tomatoes (skinned - I use a potato peeler), 1/2 capsicum, a teaspoon of basil and about a cup of pasta (but I always add more). Also add in at least two tablespoons of tomato paste and salsa here. Cook for at least 20 minutes, or until it thickens and has the consistency that you want.

Once it's done, you can stir in a tablespoon (or more) or parmesan cheese, and ta-da! You now have a delicious, easy minestrone soup to enjoy. 


The finished product! Yum, now I'm really craving some! I hope you all enjoy if you decide to make it, let me know if you do!


P.s. I have been so bad at blogging lately, I have been so busy with uni but I've just got one exam left now and then I'm on holidays - you can look forward to heaps more posts! x

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Powered by Blogger.

.

.

Popular Posts

Followers

Like us on Facebook